Thursday, December 11, 2008

HEROES IS A RIP OFF .... OF MEGAMAN

Some may accuse HEROES of borrowing from X-Men, or The 4400 ... but I have a theory that Tim Kring and company have been getting inspiration from none other than the 'Blue Bomber' himself! Crazy you say? Yeah, crazy like a pixelated FOX ... I submit the following:

FLASHMAN
Appearing in MegaMan 2. No doubt the inspiration for Hiro Nakamura, as he could freeze time at will.


ICEMAN
Appearing in MegaMan 1. He had the ability to freeze things, not unlike a certain leggy blonde.

FIREMAN
Appearing in MegaMan 1. The characters who play Meredith and Flint (sorry, I haven't bothered to learn their real names) owe a debt of gratitude to this hot-headed bad ass.

MAGNETMAN
Appearing in MegaMan 3, he was the likely inspiration of the short-lived German ... who some people mistakingly believe is inspired by Magneto. Yeah right, Magneto wasn't German ...


SPARKMAN
C'mon ... these are just getting easy now ....


QUICKMAN
Appearing in MegaMan 2. You know her, I hate her .... it's Daphne. At this time I would like to point out the obvious fact that I LOVE MEGAMAN games. I know this posting is total fluff, but like an SNL skit, I don't know when to quit ... so continuing on ....


DR. LIGHT
Chandra Suresh is loosely based on the mastermind who created the star of the show .....


MEGAMAN
He has to be the inspiration behind Sylar. Think about it, MegaMan was just an ordinary robot (Rock) until Dr. Light turned him into a more powerful being. MegaMan is now known for taking out Master bots to gain their abilities.


So there you have it. More than anything I think I have proved that Heroes can be accused of ripping off anything, depending on how far you are willing to stretch. There are only so many elements and physical attributes to go around ... I'm sure Marvel and DC don't mind sharing. After all, alot of their bread and butter characters are merely modernized characters of Greek Mythology.
Just a little side note ... I was planning on doing a "TEN BEST CLASSIC NES GAMES" and it somehow turned into this, just in case anyone was wondering how this post came to be.


-Z

No comments: